This sweet and tangy salad is one of the SourcedBox team's top picks from Tanya's The Uncook Cookbook. It's perfect as a side or as a main and has just the right mix ingredients to keep you satisfied and full.
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips or grate it instead.
- Let the raspberries defrost and squash them with a fork. [Tip: Raspberries are out of season during the cold months, but frozen berries sold in supermarkets are usually collected over the time of harvest when they were in season and ripened naturally. They are usually the sweetest and most nutritious berries available to purchase in winter.]
- Stir the remaining ingredients in with the berries and then mix the dressing with the cabbage.
- I like to leave this salad at room temperature for 4-6 hours before serving, so the cabbage gets to really soak up the flavours, but it is just as tasty served right away.
- Store in the fridge in a glass or ceramic jar for up to 2 weeks.
When you make this delicious winter salad, be sure to snap a pic and tag us on social @sourcedbox so that we can see your creation!